Ultrasound checklist from the ISRRT Response Document
1. Preparation, during and post procedure precautions
1.4. Imaging room or mobile equipment
As per generic advice.
- Set aside dedicated COVID-19 room / equipment / mobile / probe(s). This should be a room with air exchange of 6 exchanges per hour (WHO guidance, PHE 6.4.20)
- Use of single-use gel packs is recommended as opposed to refillable gel containers (ISUOG, 23.03.20).
- Consider probe cover for non-endoluminal probes (this is not a CDC absolute requirement (ISUOG, 23.03.20)).
- After use with each COVID-19 patient, clean all equipment in line with the principles and advice on couch cleaning in the Appendix.